Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Program
"Supporting you and your family in the City of Hamilton"
Are you expecting a baby?
Do you have a new infant or young children?
Healthy Babies, Healthy Children is a program for all pregnant women and families with children up to six years of age.
Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Program can:
- help all families find and access community services and supports
- help families who may be living in difficult or stressful situations and ensure that they get connecting with the support or services that they need
- build positive parenting through education, support and linking with community resources
- support healthy growth and development of children
- help strengthen parent/child relationships
Some of the services available through the Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Program are:
- referral to a Public Health Nurse for support and health teaching
- access to health information through the Health Connections phone line
- access to Community Information Hamilton to learn about the services available in your community
- assistance in connecting with community resources and services
- referral to a Family Home Visitor who can provide support and help get you linked with services in your neighbourhood
- access to prenatal programs and nutrition support during pregnancy
Families may self refer or be referred by a service provider with their consent. Services are available in many different languages.
To find out more, or to get involved with Healthy Babies, Healthy Children call:
Healthy Babies, Healthy Children is an initiative of the Office of Integrated Services for Children.