This section will give you information about a variety of services, broadly related to child care, which will be of interest to parents, caregivers, or professionals. Each of the major topics listed on the left is described below.
Major topics in the Other Services Section
- Parent Education and Supports
- This section describes educational opportunities and family supports which focus on parents and are provided by a number of community agencies.
- Ontario Early Years Centres
- Ontario Early Years Centres are described in this section. Also included is a description of programs in the City of Hamilton including location, hours of service and the focus of the program.
- Professional Development
- This topic describes the opportunities available to Early Childhood Educators, caregivers and others to participate in professional development.
- Caregiver Support Services
- Includes a description of services available to home child care providers through Home Child Care Support Services and caregiver networking groups.
- Child Care Information in Neighbouring Communities
- This topic provides information on child care information and referral resources in the geographic communities surrounding the City of Hamilton.
- Child Care Organizations
- Included in this topic are descriptions of a variety of child care related organizations on a local (the City of Hamilton), provincial (Ontario), and national (Canada) level.
- Community Resources
- Families with young children often need other services which support them in raising their children. This topic provides basic information about a wide variety of community agencies and groups which provide services which focus on the needs of children and families.
- Ontario Works
- Includes information about how to contact the local office and a description of this province-wide initiative and how it is being implemented in the City of Hamilton